Find What Smells Like Me?
Become a Certified
“Fun Scent Games” Instructor Level 2
CEU's: PPAB, 5 IAABC, (Pending) CCPDT, (Pending) NADOI, (Pending)
Presented by Angelica Steinker
Earn Your DN-FSG2
Two 1.5 Hour Recorded Webinars
Welcome to Fun Scent Games Level 2 which makes use of the amazing natural scenting ability of dogs. Level 2 of Fun Scent Games focuses on teaching dogs to find what smells like their owner. Offering "Fun Scent Games Level 2" group classes will broaden your service offerings, help build client loyalty and support the needs of your pet owning community. Group classes help dogs have fun, build confidence and burn lots of mental and physical energy. Learn all about canine olfaction and scent games, the what, how and why of operating a successful group class curriculum supported by your DogNostics faculty members.
This is Certification Level 2 of a three tiered program. Level 2 will be a prerequisite for Level 3. You do not need to enroll in more advanced levels. Upon completion of this program you will be certified to teach "Fun Scent Games Level 2"
The Certification Program Includes
1. Three hours of recorded educational webinars that covers;
- Canine Olfaction history and scientific facts
- The training environment, philosophy and methodology
- Effects of air current
- Avoiding cross contamination
- Detection thresholds
- Scent discrimination
- How to teach fetch to dogs and clients
- How to teach optional fronts and finishes to give your client's behavior chain some extra flash!
- How to teach dogs to find the target odor out of 12 items
- Problem solving for various challenges that can be encountered
- How to play, building criteria and areas of reinforcement
- How to set scent discrimination training up for success
- How to create a confident learner
- Recommended course curriculum and course description
2. Successful completion of an open-book on-line test
3. The submission of a short video to demonstrate the result of you teaching a dog to find "what smells like you" out of a set of 12 articles
Upon successful completion you will receive
- A DogNostics Instructor Certificate DN-FSG2
- A Certification Badge to display on your website
- A listing on the DogNostics Fun Scent Game Instructor Registry
- A PDF copy of the Course Curriculum
- A student Certificate for you to co-brand to provide to your “Fun Scent Games” students
- Advertising copy describing the program for your website
- Artwork for a promotional 8.5 x 11 flyer
- Access to the DogNostics Certified Instructor Member website mentoring area.
- Mentoring Support through the DogNostics Faculty Members
About Your Presenter
Angelica Steinker, CAP2, CDBC, PDBC.
For more than 16 years full time, Angelica Steinker, president and founder of Courteous Canine, Inc. DogSmith of Tampa. Angelica is a published author in the field of dog training and agility. Her books, Agility Success: Training and Competing with Your Dog in the Winning Zone and Click and Play Agility. Her newest book is on dog aggression, which is something she is particularly passionate about.
All of Angelica work emphasizes the importance of playing and bonding in order to train to the highest level. She is on the steering committee of the Pet Professionals Guild and a founding member. She is the Director of Training for The DogSmith and the cofounder of DogNostics Career College a pet care, dog training and dog behavior trade school.
Angelica has been published in the Journal of Applied Companion Animal Behavior and the Journal of Veterinary Behavior, the APDT (Association of Pet Dog Trainers) Chronicle of the Dog Newsletter, Dog & Handler, Animal Trainer Magazine, Dog Sport Magazine, Dalmatian Quarterly, and Clean Run, the dog agility magazine. She is a regular columnist in PPG's BARKS from the Guild.
Angelica is also accredited as a Canine Behavior Consultant through the Pet Professional Accreditation Board, and certified through Applied Animal Behavior Professionals and International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants.
Angelica is a sought-after public speaker who has presented at conferences Internationally including in Great Britain. She has also presented at the famous Camp Gone to the Dogs in Vermont, the U.S. Pet Professional Guild's Summit, the Association of Pet Dog Trainers Annual Conference, BARK Agility Camp, and Karen Pryor’s Clicker Expo. Angelica is a former AKC agility judge and a current North American Diving Dogs judge.
Angelica has a Master’s degree in Education, which has served as the foundation for her continued certifications in dog behavior and her extensive understanding of emotional learning, operant and respondent conditioning, the science of how animals and people learn.